This webinar will explore:
· Legislation, policy and indicators of good practice relevant to transition from primary to post-primary.
· Explore the difficulties and challenges experienced by pupils with special educational needs during the transition process.
· Consider activities and strategies which may ease transitional difficulties.
· Consider Transition strategies during Covid 19
· Investigate reading, resources and materials to assist in managing the transition process.
Geraldine O Loughlin is a teaching Principal of Scoil Mhuire Náisiunta, Corofin, Co Clare. She has a graduate Diploma and a Masters of Education in the area of Special Education, both awarded from Mary Immaculate College. She is currently on secondment with the National Council for Special Education, working as a member of the Primary Inclusion Team.
Rose-Marie Flanagan currently works as a SENCO, special class teacher and mainstream class teacher at St. Joseph’s Secondary School, Tulla, Co. Clare. She has just returned to her school after completing a five-year secondment as an Advisor with the NCSE. Rose-Marie also works as an Associate with the NCSE. She designs and delivers seminars in SEN at third level also. She has a graduate Diploma in SEN and a Masters of Education in the area of Special Education, both awarded from Mary Immaculate College. Her current interests are Inclusion Policy and Practice, Social and Emotional learning, Positive Behaviour Support and Assistive Technology.
|Course Start Date / Time||04-03-2021 5:30 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||04-03-2021 7:00 pm|
Athlone Education Centre
EIRCODE: N37 HO43
TEL: +353 90 6420400