Certificates of Attendance for courses are available on our online booking system. Please log in using your Username and Password and this will give you options under ‘My Account’. If you select ‘Attendance Certificates’ you will be able print the required certificates. Certificates are usually available within two weeks of the final day of the course as we have to update the attendance on our records.
Financial Maths – 4 Sessions, 1 hour each
Note: Typed notes and instructional videos with worked solutions to exam questions will be provided as part of the course material.
Session 1 Wednesday September 15th 7p.m.
· Present Value and Future Value
· The Compound Interest Formula
· Using Logs to Solve for t in Compound Interest Formula
· Terminology – APR/EAR/AER/CAR/Annuities/Amortisation/Mortgages/Pensions/Bonds
· Link between Compound Interest Formula and Inverse Functions
Session 2 Wednesday September 22nd 7p.m.
· Savings and Geometric Series
· Converting Interest Rate from Annual to Monthly/Weekly Rate
· Exam Questions on Savings
Session 3 Wednesday September 29th 7p.m.
· Loans and Geometric Series
· Amortisation Formula
· Exam Questions on Loans and Amortisation Formula
Session 4 Wednesday October 6th 7p.m.
· Exam Questions on Pensions
· Be able to manipulate the compound interest formula
· Be able to convert from annual interest rate to monthly/weekly rate
· Be able to work out questions involving savings/annuities
· Be able to work out questions involving loans/amortisation
· Be able to prove the amortisation formula
· Be able to work out questions involving pension plans / bonds / depreciation
· Be able to distinguish between the different types of exam question
· Be able to use new techniques and resources for teaching financial maths at leaving cert honours level
|Course Start Date / Time||15-09-2021 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||06-10-2021 8:00 pm|
|Cut off date||14-09-2021 5:00 pm|
|Fee||€10 Non Refundable Registration Fee for 4 sessions|
Athlone Education Centre
EIRCODE: N37 HO43
TEL: +353 90 6420400