Participants in this interactive and hands on course will learn:
● Differences between the old and the new model of Special Education Support
● How to identify and prioritise children in need of support
● Different models of support (In-class support/Station-Teaching/Withdrawal).
● The process involved in the Continuum of Support and how to write Pupil Support Plans for each level.
● The steps involved in the IEP Process (including how to gather information, identify needs, set goals, choose appropriate teaching strategies and how to review progress)
● How to write SMART Targets
The targeted audience is teachers who have transitioned from teaching in the classroom to the area of Special Education.
This course runs over two evenings.
|Course Start Date / Time||14-10-2019 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||21-10-2019 9:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||12-09-2019 3:00 pm|
|Cut off date||18-10-2019 2:00 pm|
|Location||Athlone Education Centre|
Athlone Education Centre
EIRCODE: N37 HO43
TEL: +353 90 6420400